The Association for Teaching Kids Economics (ATKE) was founded to empower young people with the tools of economic thinking to better understand and solve problems on a global, local, and personal level.
We envision a world where young people participate in, and help build, a free society that maximizes human flourishing and individual liberty. We lay the foundation upon which this vision will be realized by educating the rising generation in the virtues of free enterprise, voluntary association, and the economic way of thinking.
We create and curate the best available instructional resources and curricula designed to teach kids economics, specifically at the K-8 level. ATKE fosters relationships between institutions, educators, community leaders, and families to make these resources accessible in diverse learning environments and technology channels with an emphasis on furthering individual scholarship and application of these ideas.
- A passion for economics and a solid understanding of market mechanisms as a driver of human flourishing
- Exceptional writing ability—both quality and quantity—in a variety of formats for children of varying cognitive levels
- Previous experience working with children, especially in an educational setting
- Effectively work as part of a remote team, with clear and frequent communication, self-motivated, meeting strict deadlines, and iterating through changes based on team feedback
- Respect for diverse learning environments and pedagogical philosophies
- Graphic design and content layout experience
- Familiarity with the Tuttle Twins book series a plus
This is a remote position.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter detailing candidate background, interest in the position, a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position, and salary requirements
- Two writing samples reflecting the aforementioned criteria
- At least three references